Date(s) - 03/10/2018 - 21/11/2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Norwich High School
Do you know your Aries from your Pisces? Your ascendants from your planets?
This fun, informative course is an introduction to astrology; no prior knowledge is needed. You will be introduced to the building blocks of the symbolic language of astrology: the signs of the zodiac and the planets.
You will also be given the tools to pick out the major themes in birth charts. You will also be given a copy of your individual birth chart at the beginning of the course and will work through this relating the material back to your own birth chart and personality.
The course will start with an overview of astrology including a brief history and an explanation of the different fields of astrology.
In the eight weeks you will learn how to:
- Recognise a birth chart and look for the ascendant, the midheaven and the descendant.
- Identify and work with the 12 signs of the zodiac.
- Identify elements, qualities and aspects.
- Link the twelve mundane astrological houses to the signs of the zodiac.
- Identify and work with the 10 planets: their order, symbols and astrological meaning.
- Link the 12 signs of the zodiac to the 10 planets.
- Read an astrological ephemeris.
- Analyse the meanings of different birth chart shapes and aspect patterns.
- Use an astrological chart to find the position of the Sun and Moon.
- Recognise the importance of the relationship between the Sun and Moon within a birth chart.
- Pull this all together to give you the tools to begin to interpret a birth chart.Please note: I will need your time, date and place of birth after registration so I can draw up your birth chart.
About the tutor:
I am a Sagittarian and love to learn and teach. I have been interested in the art of astrology and have practised it for most of my adult life. Being a graduate of the Mayo School of Astrology and a qualified teacher, I teach beginners’ astrology classes and workshops with a particular interest placed on the moon and her cycles.